• Front door will remain locked with an attendant to verify customer has face covering and to explain our safety procedures upon entry.
• Limit the number of customers in our 2400 sq. ft. showroom to 5.
• Ring sizers will be sanitized after each customer use. • Hand sanitizer will be available for customers and staff.
• Frequent cleaning of high-touch items like door handles, telephones, credit card terminals, stylus and writing utensils, computers, and all smart devices (tablets and phones).
• Contactless payment methods offered for in-store customers.
• Face coverings and gloves will be provided for staff and customers who need them.
• Floor and showcase markers indicating six feet of separation from other customers at all times will be clearly displayed.
• No service of food or beverages to customers.
• Customers will place jewelry in clear plastic bags for initial inspection by sales staff.
• Jewelry will be sanitized before handling by sales staff or goldsmiths.
• No-touching policy (no handshakes, hugs, or other close contact).
• Customers will wait in car for watch batteries, ring polishing, etc.
• Curbside pick-up for purchases using payment by phone.
• Increased usage of appointments to limit the number of drop-in customers.
• Completed jewelry repairs will be sanitized and placed in plastic bags for delivery.
• Polycarbonate shields between eight goldsmith workstations.
• Non-contact temperature screening for staff at morning entry.
• Use of gloves when handling take-ins or repairs.
• Four separate eating areas for staff, each with appropriate distancing.
• In addition to the the safety protocols recommended by the CDC and our state and local governments, The Gem Lab has invested in air purification technology for our entire building. The patented technology utilizes special UV light and photocatalyst target to create an advanced oxidation process that purifies the air, all but eliminating microbial populations on surfaces including bacteria, fungi, mold and viruses (including those that cause COVID-19). Added benefits include significantly reduced dust and odors.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for both our staff and customers.
Posted in News by: Amy Support
Friday, May 29, 2020 12:06:08 PM America/Los_Angeles